Mike Leader© 2017 All Rights Reserved

A history of Blackheath Bluecoat School


1700 ~ 2014
Home Greenwich Blue Coat School 1700 St John's National School Blackheath & Kidbrooke School Blackheath Bluecoat School School Archives Contact Home Greenwich Blue Coat School 1700 St John's National School Blackheath & Kidbrooke School Blackheath Bluecoat School School Archives Contact Blackheath & Kidbrook National Church of England Schools 1932-1939

More>

<Back

The two photographs on this page have just been acquired by the Blackheath Bluecoat School Archives. They are the only photographs in the collection of this period and were kindly donated by Alice Wood (née Street) who was a pupil in 1932







This picture shows an infants class in the playground in 1932. To the right is the school building as it was before the extension which was added in 1961. In the background Blackheath Rugby Ground can be seen with the old grandstand to the left and the rugby goal posts in the centre

This picture shows a group of London Buses and their drivers parked on the field beside the school. It was taken in September 1939 and the buses were there to evacuate the children from the school